Friday, September 11, 2009

Cajun Beer-in-the-Butt Chicken



Well, last weekend's project turned out most delicious. I won't write out the recipee because you can find it on my last post. It's a cajun chicken that's grilled over 2 hours with a can of beer in its butt. The beer steams slowly into the meat as it cooks.



I used a gas grill, so I had to change things up a bit from the original recipee. It's a 4-burner grill, so I still used the indirect method. I turned my two side burners to medium heat and left the middle burners turned off. The heat was a bit uneven, so I found that I had to turn the chicken a few times as it cooked.

Also, I used mesquite woodchips (instead of hickory wood chunks) to smoke the chicken after soaking them in beer for a few hours. No real rhyme or reason to it, mesquite is just what I happened to have lying around.

The end result was a sensual masterpiece:



I think I'll make another this weekend. HIGHLY recommend this recipee.

No comments:

Post a Comment