Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cedar Wraps

I was shopping for some planks when I came across these:





They're thin cuts of Cedar wood. The idea is that you wrap your food in these bad boys before grilling. Since they were only $6.95 for a pack of 10 on Amazon, I had to give them a shot. I decided to grill some tilapia, something I had been meaning to do for a while (see the recipe above).

The Good: Added a delicious plank-like cedar taste to the tilapia at a small fraction of the cost

The Bad: They're very small, limiting what they can be used for; They're flimsey and break easily; They're thin enough to become a fire hazard if you're grilling a cut that will take more than 10-20 minutes.

I would recommend these and I'll be using them again whenever a cut of meat/fish is small enough to fit. For larger cuts, I'll stick with planks.

No comments:

Post a Comment